DOCTORS DIRECT HEALTHCARE TERMS AND CONDITION
By accepting to register and use this service and application (The APP), the user agrees to be enrolled as a member of the Doctors Direct Healthcare Community services buyers group, and agree to receive the group benefits supplied for Healthcare services, insurance products, Health care information, and educational, promotional and marketing information.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE APP OR WEBSITES.
Doctors Direct Heath care Community is NOT A MEDICAL AID
Doctors Direct Healthcare Community is a mutual Healthcare partnership between the community and its Professional Healthcare Practitioners to create quality and affordable access to Healthcare services.
- Individuals will be beneficiary members, and will access benefits and retain active membership by paying a monthly subscription fee as determined by the benefit plan option they chose on the Doctors Direct APP profile. Clients will have access to the full network of practitioners
- Non-payment will result in suspension of benefits or termination of membership.
- Ordinary Benefits will become active in two ways :
- After a 3-Months waiting period (after 3 subscription payments)
- A 3-Month lump sum payment to activate benefits immediately.
(Separate specific schedules will apply for chronic diseases)
- For services not offered by Doctors Direct Healthcare, it is the responsibility of the client to cover the costs and follow advice given by the attending Healthcare professional or authorized representative.
Professional Healthcare service providers will be registered as provider members, who will provide their services to the beneficiary members and adhere to the professional and ethical standards prescribed by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and in the Health Act of South Africa, or their respective representative applicable national professional council rules, Healthcare legislation, and standards governing their disciplines and practice.
- The professional provider members will provide their services in line with the prescribed guidelines, codes of practice and conduct outlined in the By-Laws and providers’ agreements governing Doctors Direct Healthcare services.
- While Doctors Direct strives to promote the best standards of practice and care, the responsibility for any legal or medical malpractice issues arising from a professionals practice lies solely with the individual practitioner.
- Breaching of any ethical principles or professional guidelines as stipulated in any of the aforementioned terms and condition will result in termination of the provider’s membership of Doctors Direct Healthcare.
To the extent permitted under the laws of the Republic of South Africa, or the governing territorial laws in other participating states,
Doctors Direct will not be liable in any way for medical malpractice, misconduct, fraudulent activity by any individual practitioner or professional service providers, or adverse consequences of any professional advice given by individual practitioners, or for clients who act against medical advice or provide incorrect or false information. Doctors Direct will not be liable for any losses incurred resulting from events at any of its members premises. The professional Liability is in accordance with the prescribed stipulations and laws of the professional licensing and regulatory authority in the respective participating country.
The Purpose of the APP (Application) and Websites of Doctors Direct Healthcare
- Doctors Direct Healthcare provides two mobile Apps namely 1)Doctors Direct Member and 2) Doctors Direct provider App, which are mobile enabled applications accessed through standard unmodified manufacturer approved smart mobile phones, and a Website “doctorsdirectcare.co.za” accessed through a Web browser These websites (the “Websites”)and Applications( the “Apps”) allow users to:
- Register and select benefit plans for healthcare services
- Locate, visit and communicate with our service providers and administrators
- arrange for clinical and health plan services
- access additional services
- consume wellness and health related information
- participate in health and wellness promoting activities
The information provided on the Websites is not a substitute for the advice of a personal physician or other qualified health care professional. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care professional with any questions regarding medical symptoms or a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Websites.
If you think you or someone you are taking care of has a medical or psychiatric emergency, call the help and emergency numbers listed in the App or go to the nearest hospital.
Using a secure messaging service
Doctors Direct Healthcare provides users with a number of interactive App and online services to help them better communicate with our service providers and administrative staff. These services may include (but are not limited to):
- secure messaging, including:
- get authorization for a visit to the doctor’s office
- access health news information help-lines and alerts
- appointment requests
- view the member profile and select plans
- access payment information
- participate in loyalty and rewards programmes
In using these platforms, you agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type (including secure messaging) that infringe upon, misappropriate or violate any rights of any party.
Any personal information you submit to the Websites (for yourself or someone else) is governed by our Website and Doctors direct Healthcare Mobile Application Privacy Statement. (A link to our privacy practices is available at the bottom of each page on our Websites and on the landing page screen at the center of the Doctors Direct Mobile Application.) This information is protected in compliance with the “POPI” act (Protection Of Personal Information act).
The Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Application is intended for use only on a mobile device that is running an unmodified manufacturer-approved operating system. Using the Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Application on a device with a modified operating system may undermine security features that are intended to protect health information from unauthorized or unintended disclosure. You may compromise your health information or the health information of anyone for whom you have been given access, if you use the Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Application on a mobile device that has been modified. Use of the Doctors Direct Mobile Application on a mobile device with a modified operating system is a material breach of these Terms and Conditions
Use of Passwords
Doctors Direct Healthcare has several tools that allow you to record and store information. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your Doctors Direct App or online password or account. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the disclosure and use of your activation codes and password; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your Doctors Direct App and online account and password; and (3) promptly change your password if you feel it has become compromised; and (4) promptly inform the Doctors Direct Web manager at “email@example.com” of any need to deactivate an account entirely.
To change your password, email “change my password” to the Web manager at
If you are using a mobile device and would like to change your password or deactivate your account, please text “change my password” or “deactivate my account” respectively to +27799621598.
Breaches of these Terms and Conditions
In consideration of being allowed to use the Applications (“Apps”) and Websites’ interactive services, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions:
- Signing on as or pretending to be another person (Note: this does not restrict authorized use of the “Act for a Family Member” when featured on the Apps or Websites.)
- Using secure messaging for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, international laws or posted Doctors Direct Healthcare policies.
- Transmitting material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of others or the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- transmitting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, predatory of minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, or hateful to any person (including Doctors Direct Healthcare personnel) or entity as determined by Doctors Direct Healthcare in its sole discretion
- using interactive services in a way that is intended to harm, or a reasonable person would understand would likely result in harm, to the user or others
- collecting information about others, including email addresses
- intentionally distributing viruses or other harmful computer code
- “Jail breaking” the operating system of a mobile device using the Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Application
Doctors Direct Healthcare expressly reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a user’s access to any interactive services and/or to any or all other areas of the Applications or Websites due to any act that would constitute a violation of these Terms and Conditions. To the extent there is an inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the Website and Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Application Privacy Statement, these Terms and Conditions shall govern.
Communications by email, push messaging, text messaging and WhatsApp messaging
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to receive essential communications by the above mentioned (i.e. email, push messaging, text messaging and WhatsApp messaging). These communications may include (but are not limited to):
- Notification that an important message awaits you on the App or Websites (this may be a message from a doctor, a new lab test result, an appointment confirmation, a response from a pharmacist, a Health alert etc.)
- Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Applications Websites & service updates
- Emergency alerts and critical messages (for example, if a storm or fire has temporarily closed a medical center).
- General health communications and promotions from Doctors Direct Healthcare providers and sponsors.
While you have Doctors Direct Healthcare coverage, you may receive the monthly Healthcare and wellness update by email or any of the a-fore mentioned communication modalities as part of your essential communications and services as you may choose, where the options are available for selection. In addition, you may periodically receive online invitations to participate in member satisfaction and other types of surveys related to your experiences of using Doctors Direct Healthcare services. Your participation in such surveys is always optional.
Accessibility and integrity of data Correctness.
Although we attempt to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the information on the App and Websites, we make no guarantees as to its correctness, completeness, or accuracy. The Websites and App may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or other errors or omissions. Also, unauthorized additions, deletions, or alterations could be made to the App and Websites by third parties without our knowledge. If you believe that information found on the Apps and Websites is inaccurate or unauthorized, please inform us by contacting our Web Manager. (On firstname.lastname@example.org).
Updates, Revisions and changes
We may revise the information on the Websites or otherwise change or update the Websites, including these Terms and Conditions, without notice to you. Doctors Direct Healthcare may also make improvements and/or changes in products and/or services described on the App and Websites or add new features at any time without notice. We encourage you to periodically read these Terms and Conditions to see if there have been any changes to our policies that may affect you. Your continued use of the App and Websites will signify your continued agreement to these Terms and Conditions as they may be revised.
Links to other sites
These Doctors Direct Healthcare Apps and Websites provide links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Doctors Direct Healthcare (“Third Party Websites”). We provide links to Third Party Websites as follows.
- Doctors Direct Healthcare provides links to Third Party Websites to connect you easily to additional sources of health information or third party services that may be of interest to you. We may not have any business relationship with the party that controls this type of Third Party website and a link to such a site is offered only as a convenience or value added optional service to you.
- Doctors Direct Healthcare also provides links to Third Party Websites managed by vendors that we have made arrangements with to offer you services to help you manage your health or to take and fulfill orders when you purchase items or materials from us. These Third Party Websites may be co-branded, meaning that they display the Doctors Direct Healthcare logo and the logo of the Third Party vendor but they are owned and controlled by the Third Party.
In each such instance, where practicable, we will let you know when you are leaving the Websites and linking to a Third Party website. For example, we may include a notice advising you that you are being sent to a Third Party Website on our web page adjacent to a link or on the first page that appears after clicking on a link. Or we may use an icon that we identify with an appropriate legend to let you know when you are leaving Doctors Direct Healthcare App or Website.
THE APPS, WEBSITES AND THEIR CONTENT AND ALL SITE-RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS APP AND SITE, ALL APPS AND SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND THIRD PARTY APPS AND WEBSITES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY DOCTORS DIRECT HEALTHCARE OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ANY REFERENCES TO SPECIFIC PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THE APPS AND WEBSITES DO NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY A RECOMMENDATION OR ENDORSEMENT BY DOCTORS DIRECT HEALTHCARE UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE.
Limitation of liability; choice of law
DOCTORS DIRECT HEALTHCARE AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED OR LINKED TO ON THE APPS AND WEBSITES ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE APPS AND WEBSITES, APPS AND SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE APPS AND WEBSITES, AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY APPS OR WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE APPS AND WEBSITES, APPS AND SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR THIRD PARTY APPS AND WEBSITES IS TO STOP USING THE APPS AND WEBSITES AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE GOVERNED BY SOUTH AFRICAN AND PREVAILING PARTICIPATING TERRITORIAL LAW WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW. IF ANY VERSION OF THE EQUIVALENT OF THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT (UCITA) IS ENACTED AS PART OF THE LAW OF SOUTH AFRICA AND PARTICIPATING TERRITORIES, THAT STATUTE SHALL NOT GOVERN ANY ASPECT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Copyrights and Intellectual Property
Except as otherwise indicated, the Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Application and all content on the Apps and Websites, including text, graphics, logos, button icons, photos, images, forms, audio, video, questionnaires, and software, is the property of Doctors Direct Healthcare or its licensors and is protected by South African and international copyright laws. Doctors Direct Healthcare allows you to view or download a single copy of the material on the website solely for your personal, noncommercial use.
The compilation of all content on the Websites is the exclusive property of Doctors Direct Healthcare and is protected by South African and international copyright laws. Unless specifically authorized in writing by Doctors Direct Healthcare, any use of these materials, or of any materials contributed to the Apps and Websites by entities other than Doctors Direct Healthcare, on any other App and website or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
Any rights not expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions or any applicable end-user license agreements are reserved by Doctors Direct Healthcare. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of Doctors Direct Healthcare.
“Doctors Direct” Healthcare and the “Doctors Direct” logo are registered service marks of Doctors Direct Healthcare or its affiliates. Other proprietary marks of Doctors Direct Healthcare or third parties may be designated as such from time to time on the Apps and Websites or Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Application through use of the TM, or ® symbols. Users of the Apps and Websites or Doctors Direct Healthcare Mobile Application are not authorized to make any use of the Doctors Direct Healthcare marks or the proprietary marks of third parties, including but not limited to, as metatags or in any other fashion that may create a false or misleading impression of affiliation or sponsorship with or by Doctors Direct Healthcare or the applicable third party.
Trademark TM from 2017 Doctors Direct Healthcare. All rights reserved for all countries.
Last updated: April 25th 2017.
Address: PO Box 640 Randburg, Johannesburg 2125
Republic of South Africa
Fax +27 86 514 2722 Texts +277 996 2159